The History of Johnson Sand & Gravel
Johnson Sand & Gravel came into existence in the 1950’s. We quickly became adept in the fine art of aggregate production and simultaneous mine operation. Robert and Wayne Johnson were fascinated and consumed by the fast growing industry. While capital and assets were at a minimum, the Johnson boys purchased one track loader and two dump trucks. They ran a two man operation which grew larger than either could have imagined. They were determined to be successful. Today Johnson Sand & Gravel is operated by the second generation of Johnsons. With the same determination, the Johnson family continues to provide quality products and service throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.